YADDM - Drop Down Menu 0.8.1
YADDM stands for "Yet Another Drop-Down Menu".
It supplies an interface for creating keyboard and mouse accessible drop-down menus. This means the class handles all related events, but it does not supply any open/close effects, ony hooks for supplying them:
- CSS class based effects.
- Supply an open/close functions to the constructor
- Use the class's events.
The supplied demo shows how to use these.
Tested and found working on FF 3.5, IE6-8, Safari 4 (read notes) and Chrome 3
- _self_/_current_: core/1.3: [Class,Class.Extras, Element, Element.Event, Element.Style, Selectors]
How to use
The class is very simple. you simply need to call it and it will generate a dropdown functionality on all marked ULs it assumes each li has exactly one anchor in it. sub-menues are neted ULs with specified class (default to submenu). NOTE: you can use whatever structure you would like, but you should note that the keyboard accessiblility assumes each menu item has an anchor in it. i haven't tested it, but a missing anchor might break the class
You can either use the contructor:
var menu = new YADDM();
Or use the supplied function:
- The library assumes standart keyboard support using Tag / Shift+Tab to navigate between anchors for it's keyboard support. This means 2 things: 1. If a browser has different shortcuts, they should work almost completetly. 2. if the browser does not have these the keyboard functionality will not work.
- Using Shit+Tab on last Subemenu item will result in unfocused menu (behaviour changes between different browser
- Safari requiers that you enable tab browsing through 'Prefrences' > 'Advanced' > 'Press Tab to highlight each item on a web page'
- For browser with different shortcuts, there will be an issue if you try to unfocus a menu who's handle is the first anchor on the menu-bar using the Shift+Tab alternative.
- className (string) : an alternative class-name to identify the submenus with
- openFunction (Function: defaults to $empty): an alternative function to use for opening effect. recieves one paramater- the menu to be opened
- closeFunction (Function: defaults to $empty): same as above but for close
- open : fires when a menu was opened. passes the menu element
- close : same as above but for close
the Class assigns 2 css classes to it's element:
- menu-opened : an opened menu
- menu-closed : a closed menu
A note on comments here: These comments are moderated. No comments will show up until they are approved. Comments that are not productive (i.e. inflammatory, rude, etc) will not be approved.
Found a bug in this plugin? Please report it this repository's Github Issues.blog comments powered by Disqus