PassShark.js is a free and easy-to-implement password masking class developed using MooTools. Inspired and based on the excellent iPhone and iPod touch password dialogue.
How to use
Features And Compatibility
- Written in MooTools. Requires -Core version 1.2.4 + and -More 184.108.40.206 +.
- Tested on Safari 3+, Firefox 3+, Opera 10+, Internet Explorer 6 and 7.
- No need to modify your original HTML. The password field is automatically found by type (input type="password").
- Supports copy & paste.
- The "onStateChange" event is commented so that the activate() and deactivate() methods, when implemented, can be executed with fireEvent() if needed.
Passshark With Mootools Resolves Many Issues Found In Other Implementations
- Inability to use ' (apostrophe) characters.
- The cursor would move to the end on any key stroke, especially annoying if the cursor is elsewhere.
- When converting the last character-to-symbol with the a duration delay, the input field is focused, which is irritating if the input field is previously unfocused (blur).
- Errors on deletion of the original field value, which is highly unsafe.
- Deleting a multiple character selection would cause the same errors as stated above and others.
- Deleting a single character wouldn't work if the character was not the last one.
- PassShark is released under the Open Source MIT license.
A note on comments here: These comments are moderated. No comments will show up until they are approved. Comments that are not productive (i.e. inflammatory, rude, etc) will not be approved.
Found a bug in this plugin? Please report it this repository's Github Issues.blog comments powered by Disqus